Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Waiting Around for the Car (Colombia)

Last night, we had a great feast with our friends and hungout for, possibly, the last night we would all be together.  Today, 3 of them left to go to Santa Marta.  Tomorrow, 2 more will leave, and lastly, we will leave, with a new member in the car, Evette.  We are all going to Santa Marta, but based on when the car will be released to us, we may miss some of them there.  So, it was great to hangout!
Today, we woke up and had breakfast.  Jared and I headed out to get some notaries for the car, and then went to the shipping company to turn in our papers.  We then came back to our area to attempt to buy car insurance, which ended up being a wild goose chase.  We did finally find a company that would provide the mandatory car insurance here, but they required a document from customs before we could proceed, so we were back at square one.
We headed back to the hostel, where I met up with some of the girls to go swimsuit shopping, as my bottoms were pretty much destroyed by the mud from yesterday, and another pair has become so loose, they almost fall off whenever I´m in the ocean.  Against my better judgement, I did end up buying 2 bottoms, BUT I don´t think 3 swimsuits are necessarily too many for the trip...and they are small.  After shopping, we split up, and I headed to the grocery store to buy something for dinner.  Ended up buying all the fixings for a yummy chicken, noodle, veggies stir-fry for a grand total of $11, which was split between 3 people!!
When I returned to the hostel, Jared was asleep, so I twiddled my thumbs for a while and hung out with some of our friends, until we finally voted to wake him up, and get dinner started.  The meal was yum, and a sweet release from all the fried dough we´ve been eating.  A popular street food dish here is an arepa, which is basically just fried dough with cheese, and maybe a bit of chicken if you´re lucky.  Heading to bed soon; hopefully, we can be a bit more productive with the car tomorrow.  Finger crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment