Saturday, May 18, 2013

Zicatela-1, Jared and Kathleen-0 (Mexico)

Yesterday was great. We got our sea legs a bit. Jared and I went out early and grabbed breakfast at Pizza Time, so yum. Then we went to a beach called La Zicatela, which we later discovered is the worst beach to surf on, and most people don't even swim there due to the serious undercurrent. Jared attempted to brave the waves on the board, coming back in immediately, and all I did was get about waist deep, when I discovered I was no match for the waves there.
 We left about 10 minutes after arriving, and returned to the hostel to fix a crack in the board and eat some lunch. There is a small market we drove to, and grabbed some super cheap yummy smoothies and flip flops for me, as I had already lost mine to the Sea. Then when we got back to the hostel, Clint was awake. The boys ran out to...do boy stuff...something about an auto shop for sand paper. Then we met back up and headed back out to a different beach to try our hand at surfing again. This time, we went to the closer beach, we had heard was good for beginners.  It was amazing! Tucked in between cliffs on three side, great water, nice sand, very picturesque.




 
Also, it was in fact great for (re)learning surfing. The boys were good, able to get up a couple times. I was pretty disastrous, but had a lot of fun. After a quick nap on my part, we headed out for din again. The boys are super pumped, because they discovered a gym down the street, the closer being that they can work out without their shirts on...I'm not kidding. Not much else big happening. We didn't we go out, because we were all pretty exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment